Thursday, November 12, 2009

We're here!

Arrived in London town less than 24 hours ago. It's been over 6 years since I've been here, my travels inbetween being to non-English speaking countries (see blogs InTheNoodleSoup and theBratwurstBrat for examples). The first thing I noticed was the complete lack of culture shock! I can read the train signs, I can order food and drinks - it's all so easy! Amazing!

Ok so no photos to show yet, our biggest adventures so far have been overspending in TopShop (although, I do wonder if 'overspending in Topshop' is actually an oxymoron) and sampling a few ales at the local pub.

Today we are going to meet up with Daniel to visit his new pad (living in central London - that lucky bastard) and grab some lunch, and perhaps play the tourists that we are and visit that big clockthingamee and jump on one of those bubbles on a wheel to get a magnificent view of a muddy river and some pollution. I'm being cruel - this is a great city and I'm really happy to be here.

Back with photos shortly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment